Re-entry permit

After entering Japan on a work permit, it is recommended that a re-entry permit is obtained in preparation for the various business trips and other travel that will undoubtedly arise during the term of your work permit. This way, it is possible to avoid the hassle of re-applying for a visa at an overseas Japanese government office every time you leave Japan and wish to re-enter. Re-entry permits are valid for a maximum of three years, and there are two types: single and multiple.

To apply for a re-entry permit, take your passport and alien registration card to your local immigration office. The application can be made by somebody on your behalf, but the process is very simple and most people do the application themselves.


Tokyo Immigration Control Bureau Chiba Office 043-242-6597